I learned about the different styles of graphic design.
- Graphic design means:
the art or skill of combining text and pictures in advertisements, magazines, or books.
Many examples include: Movie posters, album covers, logos, billboard presentaions, computer games, Youtube thumbnails, websites, apps and a team crest.
The design process goes like this:
- Brief – This is a meeting with the designer and the client, they discuss solving a communcation problem that the client has been having and the designer’s job is to fix it.
- Research – The graphic designer conducts research to gather information and explore ideas.
- Brainstorming – The designer explores creative solutions to the communication problem.
- Thumbnails – These are small sketches that the designer do to create rough ideas for the logo.
- Development of Ideas – The designer selects the best ideas from the thumbnail and develops them further to create mock-ups.
- Client Presentaion – The designer presents the ideas to the client and they discuss the artwork based on the initial brief that was given.
- Preperation of Finished Artwork – Once the client approves of the artwork, the designer prepares the project for the printing session.