What I learned in this outcome:
- I learned about different logos and movie posters and how they represent the company and the product.
- I learned about the design process that goes in these logos. These are:
- Brief – The meeting with the graphic designer and the client.
- Research – Researching different things to get ideas from.
- Brainstorming – Exploring creative solutions to the communication problem.
- Thumbnails – Rough sketches
- Development of Ideas – Take what worked from the thumbnail and roll with it.
- Client Presentation – They present the ideas to the client.
- Preperation of Finished Artwork – They start preparing the final product.
- I learned about typography, the likes of sarifs, kerning, tracking, leading, gutter, margin.
- There is also the principal of design to make the logo more fleshed out and detailed.
- There is also the colour theory to make the logo flashy and cool looking.
- Finally, there is the elements of design to make the logo decently sized.
- I learned about the positive and negative attributes of logos that will effect how a certain product is sold.
Here are some of my favourites: